While brushing and flossing are crucial to your oral health, these steps are not enough to protect against decay, gum disease, and other issues.
Dr. Keith Rudolph places a great emphasis on preventive dentistry to remove stubborn plaque build-up and screen for early warning signs of more serious health complications.
So why should you schedule an appointment for preventive care?
The Importance of Preventive Care
Decay and gum disease are two of the most common dental problems, but they are also two of the most easily preventable. Both conditions occur because of oral bacteria. While brushing and flossing at home can help protect your teeth from bacteria, you cannot fully remove it on your own, especially once plaque and tartar begin to build. When you visit the dentist twice a year, Dr. Rudolph or your hygienist can often eliminate bacteria before it has begun to damage your enamel or spread to your gums. In this way, we can help you avoid significant discomfort and the need for costly restorative treatment. Even if problems do develop, early detection can result in more conservative care.
Preventive Treatments at Our Practice
Our preventive exams are very efficient and thorough. Your hygienist will first clean your teeth, using gentle methods to avoid irritation. Then Dr. Rudolph will then examine your entire oral structure. He will begin with a visual scan, searching for tooth erosion and damage to your enamel. This screening will help him diagnose decay. However, he can also look for aesthetic blemishes, recommending appropriate cosmetic procedures, if desired.
Most often, he will take x-rays at every other visit. These images can uncover decay hidden deep inside your teeth and jaw. Dr. Rudolph will also evaluate your gums to look for sores, redness, and other symptoms that could indicate either gum disease or oral cancer. To complete your oral cancer screening, he will check your tongue, soft palate, the floor of your mouth, and throat. If he sees cause for concern, he will order a biopsy. Finally, he will conduct a TMJ Disorder screening. He will inquire about any discomfort that you may have, and he will observe your jaw movements.
Vital Care for Your Health
Advanced damage to gums and teeth can wreak havoc on your oral health, leading to tooth loss and other serious problems. That is why routine preventive visits are so important. Though we can often prevent decay and gum disease, we also effectively treat these conditions. When you maintain regular visits, we can address oral health issues in the early stages before more extensive treatments are required.
Dr. Rudolph is extremely thorough in his exams. He will recommend appropriate treatment only after he has a complete understanding of your oral health.
Why Choose Dr. Rudolph for Your Preventive Care?
Your preventive treatment will be most effective when you visit a qualified dentist. There are a number of reasons to choose Dr. Rudolph for your regular dental care.
- Highly experienced: He has been locally and nationally ranked as a top dentist multiple years in a row. Our team is equally qualified. Every member is certified in the application of local anesthesia, and two of his hygienists have been with us for over 20 years.
- Comprehensive and personalized care: Dr. Rudolph is extremely thorough in his exams. He will recommend appropriate treatment only after he has a complete understanding of your oral health.
- Advanced technology: Our office is equipped with digital imaging for more accurate diagnoses and treatment plans. We also employ a computerized system that will send automatic reminders for cleanings and checkups.
- Commitment to patient education: At your visits, we will thoroughly explain our treatments and the best ways to care for your teeth. We even have a collection of oral hygiene instructional videos, and we will recommend the ones that are most applicable to your needs.
Dr. Keith Rudolph
Dr. Rudolph has been a practicing dentist since 1983. At his state-of-the-art facility, he provides comprehensive dental services with a caring approach.
He is proud to be affiliated with the American Dental Association and has been recognized:
- In a feature in the "Guide to America's Top Dentists"
- As one of the "Top Fairfield County Dentists for seven years
For more information about our services, contact our practice online or call (203) 254-9533 today.